The missions preparation is continuing to go well... this week I have to do a few immunizations (EEK!), but hopefully all will go well on that. Today we had a speaker come in and teach about the history of missions and some great missionaries who were way back when, classified as so uneducated that they did not qualify to be missionaries-- and yet, they changed the world. I love the quote, "Never doubt that a small group of caring individuals can change the world-- indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Even if you are just ONE person, know that you CAN make a difference, you CAN change things, and I encourage each and every one of you to reach out and change the world with the gifts you've been blessed with.
I will continue to blog about preparation for the missions trip, etc., but God's been putting other missions and organizations on my heart lately, too, and so I also want to use this blog to make sure I continue to highlight other missions that are in desperate need of help and love and prayer. I hope you were able to watch the video on my last post about human sex trafficking. It is such a HUGE issue, and so many don't realize the implications of it or how existent it is, even in the United States! According to Love 146, "although slavery is legal in some places, it is more existent now than it has ever been!" Please pray with me about those who are facing this horrible injustice, that God would intervene in their lives, and that He would use those of us who are able to reach out to these many people who are being enslaved and traffic. I pray that you would join me in raising awareness and doing something about this issue!
Another great organization I learned about this weekend at the Women of Faith Conference is called World Vision. It's similar to Compassion, and asks you to sponsor a child monthly so that that child can have an education, food, clothing, shelter, etc. It also allows you to write letters to the child regularly and CHANGE this child's life! It's an awesome organization. The World Vision President, Richard Stearns, spoke at the conference this weekend, and it was SO encouraging. He encouraged us to not just give what is comfortable. We can all give what is comfortable. It's taking that extra step, giving whatever you possibly can. He had an amazing story, and has a book called "A Hole In The Gospel". The focus of it is the question "What does God expect of us?" and "have we embraced the whole gospel or a gospel with a hole in it"? I look forward to reading this book and what he has to say and will keep you posted on how it goes.
Please continue to pray for our team. I've also had a few of you ask me how to give, and want to thank you for your generosity. Please know that I only want you to give what you are financially able to, as I trust the Lord will provide. So, with that being said, here the instructions of how to donate:
One way is to give online— You can go to www.denverchurch.org and then to click on giving, or here is the direct link:
https://denverchurch.ccbchurch.com/app/trx_submit_bp.php?type=public_gift
If you’d like to send in a check, you can send it to:
1101 S. Washington St.
Denver Colorado 80210
You can make the check out to Denver Community Church and put my name in the memo section. I can also send/email you a response form in order to get a tax receipt back from the church.
Moral of this blog post... YOU can make a difference :)

No comments:
Post a Comment